September 6, 2014
(always the Saturday
after Labor Day)
Celebrating its 36th year and named the "Best Festival of the Region" by The Times readers, the Valparaiso Popcorn Festival continues to offer family-fun activities for all ages. Over 250 arts & crafts booths, 30 food booths, kids' games, the five-mile Popcorn Panic, two live music stages and the nation's First Popcorn Parade are only the beginning of the excitement of this incredible festival.
Pre-Event Week Activities Include
Daily Lunch and Dinner under the Orville Redenbacher Tent located in Central Park Plaza hosted by different local charities and businesses each day.
- Daily Lunch under the Orville Redenbacher Tent:
Tuesday, September 2 - Friday, September 5; 11 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Daily Dinner under the Orville Redenbacher Tent:
Tuesday, September 2 - Friday, September 5; 5-7 p.m. (times may vary)
- Cutest Baby Finals
- The Cutest Baby Preliminaries: TBA
- The Cutest Baby Finals: TBA
- Hot Wheels "Race of Champions": TBA
- Cornhole Tournament: TBA
Popcorn Day Activities Include
2014 Brochure Coming Soon!
Popcorn Festival 2013 Brochure
- 7 a.m. - 6:30 p.m. Craft, Food and Fine Arts Booths Open
- 7:30 a.m. - Popcorn Panic 5K Walk / 5M Run
(hosted by the Valparaiso Parks Dept.)
- 7 a.m. - 6:30 p.m. Kid's Poppin Play Place Opens - Inflatables & Games
- 8:45 a.m. - Lit'l Kernel Puff Race
(Kiddie Run - hosted by the Valparaiso Parks Dept.)
- 10 a.m. - Orville Redenbacher Parade
- 11 a.m. - 6:30 p.m. - Orville Redenbacher Food Tent and Main Stage Beer Garden Open
- 12 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.
Main Stage Entertainment
- 12 p.m. - 6:30 p.m. - Front Porch Music Stage Entertainment
The Valparaiso Popcorn Festival is located in beautiful downtown Valparaiso. Arts and Craft Booths will open at 7 a.m. along with the Popcorn Panic Race. Plenty of off-site parking is available with a shuttle bringing you downtown.