September 6, 2014
(always the Saturday
after Labor Day)
Celebrating its 36th year and named the "Best Festival of the Region" by The Times readers, the Valparaiso Popcorn Festival continues to offer family-fun activities for all ages. Over 250 arts & crafts booths, 30 food booths, kids' games, the five-mile Popcorn Panic, two live music stages and the nation's First Popcorn Parade are only the beginning of the excitement of this incredible festival.
Main Stage Headliner
Spin Doctors (website)
Pre-Event Week Activities Include
Daily Lunch and Dinner under the
ChicagoLand Popcorn Tent located in Central Park Plaza hosted by different local charities and businesses each day.
- Daily Lunches
Tuesday, September 2 - Friday, September 5; 11 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Daily Dinners
September 2 - Friday, September 5; (times vary) with live entertainment Thursday
(VHS Band) and Friday (South Shore Brass Band)!
- Hot Wheels "Race of Champions"
Tuesday, September 2; 5 p.m. under the
ChicagoLand Popcorn Tent
- Cutest Baby Finals
Wednesday, September 3; 6:30 p.m. under the ChicagoLand Popcorn Tent
Popcorn Day Activities Include
Popcorn Festival 2014 Brochure, Event Map
- 7 a.m. - 6:30 p.m. - Craft, Food and Fine Arts Booths Open
- 7:30 a.m. - Popcorn Panic 5K Walk / 5M Run
(hosted by the Valparaiso Parks Dept.)
- 7 a.m. - 6:30 p.m. - Kid's Poppin Play Place Opens - Inflatables & Games
- 8:45 a.m. - Lit'l Kernel Puff Race
(Kiddie Run - hosted by the Valparaiso Parks Dept.)
- 10 a.m. - ChicagoLand Popcorn Parade
- 11 a.m. - 6:30 p.m. - ChicagoLand Popcorn Food Tent and Main Stage Beer Garden Open
- 12 p.m. - 6:30 p.m. - South Shore CVA Main Stage featuring the Spin Doctors
- 12 p.m. - 6:30 p.m. - Front Porch Music Stage Entertainment
The Valparaiso Popcorn Festival is located in beautiful downtown Valparaiso. Arts and Craft Booths will open at 7 a.m. along with the Popcorn Panic Race. Plenty of off-site parking is available with a shuttle bringing you downtown.